Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am doing my first Triathalon and need some clothing advice?

Hi,





As i said above its my first and i don't know what kind of wet suit to buy. Is there such a thing as a suit that covers all 3 disciplines or is it better to get out of the wet suit and into new clothes for the cycle??





Any suggestions of places to buy in the South East area of the Uk would be good, im 40 Min's from London. Or just general tips and hints would be really appricated!





Thanks in advance!I am doing my first Triathalon and need some clothing advice?
Hi!


Speaking from experience, I think you would find it a bit uncomfortable running and biking in a wet suit. They are designed, obviously, to keep the water out but also to keep your body heat in and therefore, when you run and cycle and start to sweat, not only will you be extremely uncomfortable but your body won't be able to cool down. Bear in mind, however, that wetsuits are only needed if swimming in a lake, the sea or river and not in pools.


I'm afraid, as I live in the North I can't recommend any good shops where you are but try going on the internet and seeing which type of wetsuit is recommended. A good website is TRI247.com which has some useful info.


Underneath your wetsuit, you need your cycling shorts and cycle vest as you will be able to do both running and cycling disciplines in these without having to make several changes of clothes. You may find it more comfortable to wear running shorts rather than cycling shorts as the padding in cycle shorts may hinder you slightly - it is the lesser of two evils I suppose: being hindered or having a sore bum after being on the bike!


Hope this is of some help and best of luck! Once you've done your first triathlon, you'll be hooked!!I am doing my first Triathalon and need some clothing advice?
go here http://www.nike2nike.com/Brand-Clothing-鈥?/a>
  • makeup hair
  • bee luscious cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment