Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Husband and I are driving from Canada to Florida soon to take our Daughter to Disney, travel advice please?

#1 Does our 2 yr old need a passport or just her birth certificate?


#2 We are planning on packing some food to eat along the way, but I read that you are not allowed to cross the border with fruits and certain foods. Is this true? Any suggestions? Link for more info?


#3 Any travel tips for traveling with a toddler?My Husband and I are driving from Canada to Florida soon to take our Daughter to Disney, travel advice please?
Hey there...I was born and raised in Toronto, ON and moved to Upstate, NY so I travel between countries alot!!! I hope I can answer your questions.





#1 As of now, you only need your childs birth certificate to cross the border. They will obviously verify that you are her parents through your documentation. You do not need to stop and fill any declaration paperwork unless you are not a Canadian citizen.





#2 Seeing as you are traveling with a toddler, the fruits in the cooler will pass. If they ask you what do you have...don't panic. I know alot of people tend to, but you have nothing to worry about. We usually say we are have some grocery for our long trip to eat along the way and we've NEVER had any problems. And what's the worse that can happen anyway? They take your grapes and bananas? Don't worry about it, you can always find somewhere to buy it along the way.





#3 Traveling with a toddler. Being a Disney nut, but not having a baby myself (Not yet anyway, please send baby dust my way!) I've read alot on the Disney boards I am a part of and here is a great tip I would totally do if I did have kids. The moms went to the dollar store or Walmart or somewhere like that and bought Disney items and put them in little loot bags so like every 2-4 hours (at your descretion) you give your child a prize for great behavior and it gets them excitied to go to Disney! Just a thought. I am going to put a few links for you for traveling through to the states, and for Disney travel.





Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!





JoanneMy Husband and I are driving from Canada to Florida soon to take our Daughter to Disney, travel advice please?
1. your 2 year old only needs a birth certificate, as long as you and your husband have proper id and birth certificates she is fine.


2. as for fruits, usually they allow small amounts (no beef of any kind, I've even had dog food including beef confinscated). But you can always stop at a grocery store once you cross the border and stalk up too.


3. As for travel tips: Good luck! lol. if you can afford to buy one of those portable tv/dvd things for your car that may be useful to keep her amused. It will be tough. make sure you have plenty of toys and colouring activities etc. Anything and everything that will keep her amused. I would also recommend that if you pass a nice little picnic area to stop and let her run around a bit. tire her out a little bit.





Good luck, have fun!
!) Yes 2 yrs old need passport but some parent have it attached together i.e. mother and infant passport together


(pls double check with your embassy)





2) Fruits and food by mouth prohibited except dry goods such as biscuits and soft drinks in cans (pls declarate inside your declaration form)


1 declaration form required for 1 family.


Baby fd e..g milk powder , and medicine precribed by doctor whether is liquid or tablet as long as label and have precribtion by doctor . is allowed for own consumption.


I would suggest you've something to eat before taking off to Florida... and bring some sandwiches, cookies in yr car ... on the way, I believe you will pass by some place where u get fd


sanwiches, u need to consume or discardprior enter US ground


3)Disposal Diapers,milk powder,milk bottle,bb pillow (only for those bb who cried and recognised and chose only to sleep on their own pillow,) bib,pacifier,anti-bacteria baby wipe, disposalwipe ,back up medicine for baby, panadolsyrup, cough/cold medicine (best prescribed by docter)1st, safer , 2)so that no problem going through customs and for some infant may have allergies ....to flower, ...asthma ....etc.pls remember to bring special medicine ....


Have a safe journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment