Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have a new home and I've discovered that there is a pear tree in our backyard- any advice on care for me?

I do not have any experience with fruit-bearing trees. Any information shared with me would very much be appreciated. I live in Wisconsin( very cold winters) if that would affect anything.I have a new home and I've discovered that there is a pear tree in our backyard- any advice on care for me?
Fruit Bearing trees need to be put on a regular pesticide program or bugs will eat all your fruit. Fruit trees will also attract animals to your yard. Also there are proper pruning techniques that must be followed in order to get the most fruit out of the tree. They require a lot of work. My advice to you would be to either let it go and get what you can get out of it or call a professional to take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment