Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I need advice on how to potty train my puppy terrier. What is the best way?

My terrier is 7 months old.





I've had him 2 months, he keeps going on the carpet.





Potty pads? Litter? Whats the best way to go? He doesnt like to go outside.I need advice on how to potty train my puppy terrier. What is the best way?
first off never ever shove his face in it. If your puppy doesn't like going outside try litter training him. Also crate train him. This way he won't be going in the house when you aren't there. Potty pads wouldn't hurt either. Lay them down in his favorite spots to go. It'll take time but he'll eventually get used to it. Also praise him when he does go where you want him to go.I need advice on how to potty train my puppy terrier. What is the best way?
take him out side 1 to 2 hours. keep him out there till he goes. I know it cold but that's is how i potty train my Little dog and they are hard to train. they don't like to go outside because it is cold. after i know she is potty train and she dose it because she is bad, i rob it in her face and but her in the cage because they hate the smell of the poop. but you have to watch because sometimes I'm gone all day and forget to put her in the cage, she goes because they cant hold it all day. so watch. that will mass up the training.
Hi, the way I trained my dog was to use newspaper, if he went on the carpet, I would put paper on the spot especially if it was a fav spot. It took a while, but eventually he started to go on the paper, then I started to move the paper towrds the back door where he had a litter tray, eventually putting the paper under the tray, as he couldn't use the paper becuse it was under the tray he used the litter tray, it took a while as I say, but it worked. Just try to be patient, rewards helped aswell when he got it right, making a big fuss of him when he gets it right is good too.
well i have had worst i had a pitt bull. so i recomend useing the Sunday paper when he uses it on the carpet. It is not only teaching him disaplen but teaching him that is not the bathroom. Try it tell me if it works if it doesnt try the pads i did and it worked ok (as long as I put it in his fav. spot to use the bathroom)
set an egg timer and take out ever 14-20 min. As soon as they wake up from nap take out. They have small bladder so will go a lot. Praise a lot and give a very small treat for a reward for going outside. Good time to teach to go on command. Make sure you praise when he goes outside and not inside.
Well i would suggest tacking your dog out to do his business and not inside but its up to you..





Maybe you should try litter train him like a cat and see if that works but i would suggest maybe training him to go outside to do his business..
when it poops on the carpet do like i did shove his face in it then whoop him

No comments:

Post a Comment