Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is the most outrageous parenting advice or statement you have recieved from your mom or MIL?

Myself: My mom is completely against me breastfeeding. She thinks formula will keep the baby happier for longer. She was shocked that I told her my daughter will never have formula. She said that breasts are for our husbands and we don't have to use them to feed our babies because we don't live in a third world country.What is the most outrageous parenting advice or statement you have recieved from your mom or MIL?
';You don't want a two year old boy sucking on your boob, do you?';





That conversation was terminated very, very quickly.What is the most outrageous parenting advice or statement you have recieved from your mom or MIL?
I'm sorry to say this but your mother's an idiot. Mammaries are babies! It's that way all throughout the animal kingdom, what male animal do you see paying any attention to the mammaries of the female of the species? Only humans males do this, just because thy enjoy breast does not mean they are solely for men. Mammeries developed to feed babies not for the male of the species. Breastfeeding has nothing to do with third world countries and everything to do with wanting to give your baby the best thing for them, breast milk is specially designed for babies.


Print some stuff off of the Le Leche League website and leave it at her house on ';accident';, hopefully she'll read it and at least become less hostile to the idea of breastfeeding.
My MIL and FIL insist that slapping the hands of toddlers/babies and spanking is okay. I know that I love their son and he turned out very good, but spanking isn't an option and they are wrong on that one.





Plus they the reason they wanted to slap the hand of a 12 month old was becuase there were breakables that they left out in their house even though they invited us, and they also insisted on having old very hot and full of lead Christmas lights on a tree, hung low. Awesome, I could not sit down once at their house.
Drinking Gogi juice everyday during pregnancy would not only make me healthy, but it would make my son smart too. This was during my pregnancy.





It's okay to feed my son eggs because she fed my husband and all her other kids eggs when they were babies and they all turned out fine. She doesn't believe in allergies.





Those were all things my MIL told me. I chose to ignore the first one. I couldn't do anything about the second one because my husband was on her side about it.





I think you should continue to do what you think is best for your child.
My mom actually had great advice for me throughout my pregnancy. The only thing she got wrong was suggesting I dip a pacifier in corn syrup to get the baby to take it. I read up on that and found it's an old practice no longer in use. That's about it for what she got wrong though.
Your mother is off her rocker. Your breasts are for babies, not husbands. Babies do stay full longer with formula but breast milk if much better for them. Do not listen to her.
Wow, where did she get this from? Eh... i have no comment on that except whateverrr.
I'm against breastfeeding but only cause its disturbing to me...i'm sure the babywould be happier though lol thats dumb! This stupid lady who was a stranger told my kids they were disrespectful for not saying bless you when she sneezed...what a psycho. And my brother told me vaseline cures everything LOl when i asked about my boy having a cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment